1 small pumpkin (peeled and cut into 3cm pieces)
1 medium sweet potato (peeled and cut into same pieces as pumpkin)
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (divided up)
Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
1 medium onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
2 carrots (thinly slices)
6 cm piece of ginger (peeled and sliced)
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp paprika
1 can coconut milk
1/4 cup water
Garnish: 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds & chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. On a large baking sheet toss pumpkin and sweet potato with 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper and roast until fork tender (40 – 45 minutes)
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-low heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic, carrots, ginger, coriander, paprika, and 1 teaspoon salt and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Add coconut milk & water and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil. When oil is shimmering, add pumpkin seeds. Toast until golden. Remove from heat, then stir in parsley, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon black pepper.
- Working in two batches, pulse soup base and roasted vegetables in a blender until smooth.
- Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds mixture before serving