2 small pears (cut into small chunks with the skin)
1 tbsp raisins
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup non dairy milk (almond, rice or coconut)
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp golden flax
- Combine pears, raisins, cinnamon,water into a small pot.
- Simmer for 5 minutes over a low heat until the pears have softened an are heated through.
- Add the milk and simmer on a low heat.
- Add the chia and flaxseed and stir through then remove from the heat and allow to sit for 2 minutes.
- Spoon into the bowl
- Top with an extra splash of non dairy milk and enjoy!
Hint: Add extra fruit if you like OR lightly toast some crushed walnuts or flaked almonds for some crunch!
1 small onion (finely chopped)
1 close garlic (crushed)
3/4 cup water
250g lean minced beef
Pinch chilli powder (optional)
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
400g can red kidney beans (drained & washed)
400g can chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1 small cost lettuce (washed but kept in whole leaf form)
1 tomato (finely chopped)
1/3 cup greek yogurt (for serving on top)
1/3 cup parmesan cheese (for serving on top)
- Cook onion & garlic with 2 tbsp of the water in a nonstick saucepan until softened. Stir in minced beef and spices and cook over high heat until browned.
- Add beans, tomatoes, pepper and remaining water. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes until the mixture has thickened. Then add parley and stir again.
- To serve, spoon beef mixture into lettuce leaves and sprinkle with cheese, fresh tomato and a dollop of yogurt.
Tip: This mixture is also great with tortilla wraps. Adding a slice of avocado can also elevate the taste!
Place ingredients in a high speed blender and blend to desired consistency.
You can add ice if you would like the smoothie to be served cold.
Green Machine Smoothie
1-2 tbsp chia seeds
Juice of 1 lemon
Handful of spinach
1/4 cup mint leaves
2 cup unsweetened almond milk
Vitamin Boost Smoothie
1 whole carrot
1 whole orange
1/2 lemon peeled
Small slice of ginger 1 1/2 cup water
1 tsp honey (optional)
1 cup coconut water
1 kiwi peeled and chopped
1/4 of an avocado
1 cup baby spinach leaves
Juice of 1/2 lime
1/2 tsp spirulina
1/4 tsp turmeric
Dash of cracked black pepper
1 kg Japanese pumpkin
500g organic carrots
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Pinch of sea salt
1 litre water (You may need extra depending on the preferred consistency)
1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
1 teaspoon fresh grated turmeric
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius
2. Peel and chop pumpkin into small chunks and place onto a lined baking tray.
3. Wash carrots and chop roughly with the skin. Place onto a separate lined baking tray.
4. Drizzle the olive oil between the 2 trays.
5. Season each tray with sea salt.
6. Mix the oil and seasoning with your fingers through the vegetables.
7. Roast for 45 minutes or until vegetables is cooked through and caramelized.
8. Combine pumpkin and carrot into a high-performance blender or food processor.
9. Add the water, ginger & turmeric if using
10. Blend until smooth.
11. Add another cup of water to adjust consistency if required.
12. Serve up and enjoy!
8 Medjool dates
1/3 cup macadamia nuts
½ shredded coconut
½ cup pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup slivered almonds
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ginger
3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1 ½ cup rolled oats (make sure the packaging is clearly marked gluten-free if you are after glutenfree option)
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees
- Process Medjool dates in a food processor until it becomes a paste texture (you can add a tiny bit of hot water to help get it going)
- In a separate bowl add in the rest of the dry ingredients and then the date paste & coconut oil.
- Mix until everything is well combined.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread the mixture out evenly.
- Place in oven and set the timer for 15 minutes.
- After the first 15 minutes take the tray out of the oven and mix the granola around with a spoon to prevent it from burning and then place back into the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Repeat this process two/three times until the granola is golden brown.
- Once finished baking make sure to leave the granola out to cool completely before storing it in an airtight container.
This granola is best served with a side of fruit and coconut yogurt OR eaten just like cereal with almond milk! – Nicole