1 tbsp coconut oil (to grease the pan)
3/4 cup coconut milk
pinch of sea salt
2 very ripe bananas
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp allspice
1 cup finely chopped dates
1 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Grease your muffin tray with the coconut oil (alternatively, you can use cupcake tins)
- In a food processor or blender mix together the eggs, milk and salt.
- Mash the bananas in a separate bowl with a fork, add to the egg mixture & mix well.
- In the same bowl, sift the coconut flour, baking powder and spices and mix until everything is combined.
- Fold in the dates and walnuts
- Fill the muffin tray with the mixture until it is half full
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes
Roasted Carrot & Dill Hummus Dip
1 1/2 pre-roasted carrots peeled and chopped
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 small garlic clove
3 tablespoons freshly chopped dill
1 can chickpeas (washed and drained)
1/4 cup tahini
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 tablespoons water (to help with the consistency)
Pink Himalayan sea salt (add to taste)
- Add garlic and fresh dill into a food processor and process until minced
- Continue to add all the ingredients besides the carrots and mix until everything is well combined.
- Then add the carrots and process until smooth. Taste and adjust ingredients as desired.
- Serve the hummus with a sprinkle of ground cumin, coriander, fresh dill and a drizzle of olive oil. Keep leftover hummus in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Cranberry & Thyme Cheese Ball
1 cup cashews (soaked overnight)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 teaspoons white miso paste
1 clove garlic
1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Add all the ingredients besides the cranberries into a food processor and blend to combine
- Line a small bowl with cling wrap and scoop the entire mixture into the bowl. Gather up the side of the plastic and twist at the top to keep it sealed in. Allow to sit in the fridge for a couple of hours to firm up.
- Remove the now firm cheese ball from the plastic and press the cranberries into the sides. Garnish with thyme sprigs and served with crackers of choice.
Garlic spiced oven roasted chickpeas
2x cans chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
coconut oil spray
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Place chickpeas on a tray lined with baking paper and lightly pat dry and spread them evenly out. (be careful not to remove the skin)
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the chickpeas are lightly browned and crunchy in the center.
- Combine the spices in an airtight container big enough to fit the chickpeas
- Spray the chickpeas with a light layer of coconut oil and then transfer into the container with the spices.
- Seal the container and shake well to flavor the chickpeas. (Do not seal the container until the chickpeas have fully cooled down).
Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites
1 cup pumpkin (steamed and mashed)
1/2 cup almond butter
2 teaspoon cinnamon
Sprinkle of pink Himalayan salt
1/2 cup quinoa flakes
1 cup rolled oats
- In a bowl add all the ingredients besides the quinoa flakes and rolled oats.
- When everything is well combined slowly start to add the remaining ingredients.
- Roll the mixture into small snack size bites and refrigerate for at least half an hour before serving.
Sea Salt and Garlic Kale Chips
1 medium-sized kale (washed and dried)
2 tsp unrefined coconut oil
Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
Pinch of garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Remove the hard stems on the leaves (make sure the leaves are completely dry)
- Arrange the leaves on a baking tray, add in the olive oil and start to massage it into the kale.
- Then add the garlic and salt
- Leave the kale in the oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes flip the kale leaves onto the other side (You will need to watch them carefully for the next 7-8 minutes to prevent them from burning).
- Remove baking tray from oven and allow to sit for another 5 minutes then serve and enjoy!
2 small pears (cut into small chunks with the skin)
1 tbsp raisins
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup non dairy milk (almond, rice or coconut)
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp golden flax
- Combine pears, raisins, cinnamon,water into a small pot.
- Simmer for 5 minutes over a low heat until the pears have softened an are heated through.
- Add the milk and simmer on a low heat.
- Add the chia and flaxseed and stir through then remove from the heat and allow to sit for 2 minutes.
- Spoon into the bowl
- Top with an extra splash of non dairy milk and enjoy!
Hint: Add extra fruit if you like OR lightly toast some crushed walnuts or flaked almonds for some crunch!
1 small onion (finely chopped)
1 close garlic (crushed)
3/4 cup water
250g lean minced beef
Pinch chilli powder (optional)
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
400g can red kidney beans (drained & washed)
400g can chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1 small cost lettuce (washed but kept in whole leaf form)
1 tomato (finely chopped)
1/3 cup greek yogurt (for serving on top)
1/3 cup parmesan cheese (for serving on top)
- Cook onion & garlic with 2 tbsp of the water in a nonstick saucepan until softened. Stir in minced beef and spices and cook over high heat until browned.
- Add beans, tomatoes, pepper and remaining water. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes until the mixture has thickened. Then add parley and stir again.
- To serve, spoon beef mixture into lettuce leaves and sprinkle with cheese, fresh tomato and a dollop of yogurt.
Tip: This mixture is also great with tortilla wraps. Adding a slice of avocado can also elevate the taste!
Place ingredients in a high speed blender and blend to desired consistency.
You can add ice if you would like the smoothie to be served cold.
Green Machine Smoothie
1-2 tbsp chia seeds
Juice of 1 lemon
Handful of spinach
1/4 cup mint leaves
2 cup unsweetened almond milk
Vitamin Boost Smoothie
1 whole carrot
1 whole orange
1/2 lemon peeled
Small slice of ginger 1 1/2 cup water
1 tsp honey (optional)
1 cup coconut water
1 kiwi peeled and chopped
1/4 of an avocado
1 cup baby spinach leaves
Juice of 1/2 lime
1/2 tsp spirulina
1/4 tsp turmeric
Dash of cracked black pepper