1 tbsp coconut oil (to grease the pan)
3/4 cup coconut milk
pinch of sea salt
2 very ripe bananas
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp allspice
1 cup finely chopped dates
1 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Grease your muffin tray with the coconut oil (alternatively, you can use cupcake tins)
- In a food processor or blender mix together the eggs, milk and salt.
- Mash the bananas in a separate bowl with a fork, add to the egg mixture & mix well.
- In the same bowl, sift the coconut flour, baking powder and spices and mix until everything is combined.
- Fold in the dates and walnuts
- Fill the muffin tray with the mixture until it is half full
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes