3 tbsp unrefined coconut oil
1 onion finely chopped
2 carrots finely chopped
1 celery stick finely chopped
2 small leeks finely chopped
2 garlic clothes crushes
2 bay leaves
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1 red bell pepper chopped
1 cup mushrooms sliced
2 cups mixed green vegetables (zuchini, green beans or snow peas)
1 cup crushed tomatoes
5 cups low sodium vegetable stock
fresh parsley to serve
1. Heat a few tablespoons of coconut oil in a large pot and add the onion, carrot, celery and leeks along with the garlic and herbs and cook until fragrant and starting to caramelize.
2. Add the peppers, butternut squash and mushrooms and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the vegetable start to soften and caramelize.
3. Add the green vegetables and stir to combine before adding the crushed tomatoes and stock. Season to taste then bring to a simmer.
4. Cover with a lid and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Remove the lid, check seasoning and simmer for another 5 minutes.
Serve topped with fresh parsley