Makes 9 brownies
- 1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (you can add more if you’d like…we won’t tell)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Combine all ingredients except chips in a good food processor, and blend until completely smooth. Make sure to blend everything really well together.
- Stir in the chips, then pour into a greased 8×8 pan. Optional: sprinkle extra chocolate chips over the top.
- Cook the black bean brownies 15-18 minutes, then let cool at least 10 minutes before trying to cut. If they still look a bit undercooked, you can place them in the fridge overnight and they will magically firm up.