1 kg Japanese pumpkin
500g organic carrots
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Pinch of sea salt
1 litre water (You may need extra depending on the preferred consistency)
1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
1 teaspoon fresh grated turmeric
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius
2. Peel and chop pumpkin into small chunks and place onto a lined baking tray.
3. Wash carrots and chop roughly with the skin. Place onto a separate lined baking tray.
4. Drizzle the olive oil between the 2 trays.
5. Season each tray with sea salt.
6. Mix the oil and seasoning with your fingers through the vegetables.
7. Roast for 45 minutes or until vegetables is cooked through and caramelized.
8. Combine pumpkin and carrot into a high-performance blender or food processor.
9. Add the water, ginger & turmeric if using
10. Blend until smooth.
11. Add another cup of water to adjust consistency if required.
12. Serve up and enjoy!