Ingredients for the crust:
- 1 1/2cups raw macadamia nuts
- 3/4cup raw pecans
- 3/4cup shredded coconut
- 10 Medjool dates
- 1/4teaspoon sea salt
Ingredients for the Berry Layer:
- 3 1/2cups raw cashews (soaked overnight and drained)
- 1cup water
- 3/4cup raw honey
- 1/2cup coconut oil
- 1/2cup lemon juice
- 2 vanilla beans (scraped)
- 1cup raspberries
- 1cup blackberries
- 1cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Place all of the crust ingredients and 1/2 cup of the shredded coconut into a food processor. (You’ll use the remaining 1/4 cup shredded coconut later.) Pulse the processor until the ingredients are mixed together to form a dough-like texture.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup shredded coconut in the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. This helps the cheesecake not to stick to the bottom. Place the crust mixture on top and gently flatten with your fingers to the bottom of the pan.
- For the main cheesecake filling, place the first 6 ingredients in a food processor. Blend until the consistency is smooth, thick and creamy.
- Pour your filling on top of the crust. Shake the pan gently to remove any air bubbles. Then, place your pan in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- While your cheesecake is hardening in the freezer, you can make your fruit topping. Place the berries and maple syrup in your food processor (after you’ve cleaned it), and pulse it for 30 seconds. Then set aside until your cheesecake has hardened.
- After 30 minutes, your cheesecake should have hardened enough to place the topping. Gently spoon the berry mixture on top and place back in the freezer. Freeze your cheesecake for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Allow to stand for 20 minutes before serving. It will be easier to slice after it’s softened. Garnish with additional berries and enjoy!