8 Medjool dates
1/3 cup macadamia nuts
½ shredded coconut
½ cup pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup slivered almonds
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ginger
3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1 ½ cup rolled oats (make sure the packaging is clearly marked gluten-free if you are after glutenfree option)
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees
- Process Medjool dates in a food processor until it becomes a paste texture (you can add a tiny bit of hot water to help get it going)
- In a separate bowl add in the rest of the dry ingredients and then the date paste & coconut oil.
- Mix until everything is well combined.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread the mixture out evenly.
- Place in oven and set the timer for 15 minutes.
- After the first 15 minutes take the tray out of the oven and mix the granola around with a spoon to prevent it from burning and then place back into the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Repeat this process two/three times until the granola is golden brown.
- Once finished baking make sure to leave the granola out to cool completely before storing it in an airtight container.
This granola is best served with a side of fruit and coconut yogurt OR eaten just like cereal with almond milk! – Nicole