Smartphones are such a convenient gateway to catch up with friends, entertain & to just pass time. BUT! Have you ever thought about how long you are looking down at your screen or tablet for those hours of fun? Looking down at the screen can have a negative effect on your neck and spine over a period of time…so here are just some tips to combat the “Text Neck” issues when using your mobile device.
- Take a break from your phone. It is easy to forget so set an alarm on your phone as a reminder.
- Raise your phone so that it’s closer to eye level. This way you won’t have to tilt your head forward and strain your neck.
- Stretch your neck from time to time. Changing positions can help alleviate stress on the neck and spine.
- Work on your posture. It is important to work on a maintaining a good posture. Being mindful about this will contribute greatly to your spinal health. The CAA Back App has an inbuilt reminder function to help you manage your posture.
- Stay fit and active – a strong back and neck are better equipped to handle stress. Incorporate exercise into your daily routine to strengthen back and core muscles.
Just remember! Prevention is ALWAYS better than cure! Applying these small tips to your lifestyle can even improve your overall health! If you would like to know more about improving your lifestyle make sure to speak to your local chiropractor today!
Sourced from: https://chiropractors.asn.au/blog/heads-up-texting-is-literally-a-pain-in-the-neck/