1 Bunch Beetroot (washed and dried)
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 Tsp Maple Syrup
1 Cup baby spinach leaves
75 gram Goats Cheese (crumbled roughly)
2 Tbsp walnuts (toasted & crumbled)
- Heat oven to 180°C. Trim the beetroot, leaving 1cm of the stem attached. Wrap beetroot in foil and place on a baking tray. Bake for 35 minutes or until tender. Remove and set aside to cool slightly. Peel skin. Cut into wedges and set aside.
To make the dressing combine olive oil, vinegar and maple syrup. Season with salt and cracked black pepper. Whisk well until combined.
- Place beetroot in a large bowl. Add the baby spinach, drizzle with dressing and gently toss to combine.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve sprinkled with goat’s cheese and walnuts.
For this Recipe you will need:
1 cup Rolled Oats
1/2 cup Almonds
4 tablespoons Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
1 Teaspoon Rice Malt Syrup
1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
12 Dates Soaked
Desiccated coconut for coating the power balls (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor & combine well
- Roll out a tablespoon amount of mixture into a ball & coat with desiccated coconut.
- Store in an airtight container and leave in the fridge.
These power balls are best served after being left in the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
Cooking Time: 3 hours refrigeration
1 cup of almond or coconut milk
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
Pinch of cinnamon powder
1 teaspoon of maple syrup
1 teaspoon shredded coconut
1 teaspoon raw cacao powder (for chocolate pots)
1/3 cup berries or chopped banana
- Mix all ingredients together and store in the fridge for 2-3 hours or overnight
- Top with fresh fruit or berries, nuts & seeds, Greek yoghurt, shredded coconut , or cacao nibs for a bit of crunch.
The Chia pudding recipe is from Rebekah Raymond who was a guest speaker at our “Gut Health” talk held on Wednesday 14th of June. It is a healthy, easy to assemble, convenient breakfast recipe! If you would like more recipes please refer to Rebekah’s website by clicking here!
250g Plain Biscuits
395g Condensed milk
1/4 cup Cocoa (sift out the cocoa to get rid of the lumps)
2 cup – dessicated Coconut (one cup is used for coating)
2-3 Tblespns Rum (Bunderberg rum works well)
Using a food processor combine all ingredients.
Wet hands and roll mixture into small balls then coat in coconut.
Refrigerate or freeze prior to serving.
200g each green beans, sugar snap peas & snow peas
150g baby spinach leaves
1 bunch mint leaves
1 red onion thinly sliced
1/4 cup mixed pumpkin, sunflower seeds & walnuts
1 block haloumi cheese sliced
125ml extra virgin olive oil
1 tbs Dijon mustard
2 tbs red wine vinegar
1 clove garlic crushed
1 tsp caster sugar or 1tbs rice malt syrup
Steam beans and peas until just tender (they should still crunch). Refresh in cold water and drain.
While beans are cooking toast seeds in a dry pan.
Add 1tsp of olive oil to the pan and heat. Cook haloumi slices on both sides until golden brown. Cool and tear into pieces.
Whisk dressing ingredients together. then toss in a big bowl with spinach, mint, red onion haloumi, seeds and pomegranate.