200g each green beans, sugar snap peas & snow peas
150g baby spinach leaves
1 bunch mint leaves
1 red onion thinly sliced
1/4 cup mixed pumpkin, sunflower seeds & walnuts
1 block haloumi cheese sliced
125ml extra virgin olive oil
1 tbs Dijon mustard
2 tbs red wine vinegar
1 clove garlic crushed
1 tsp caster sugar or 1tbs rice malt syrup
Steam beans and peas until just tender (they should still crunch). Refresh in cold water and drain.
While beans are cooking toast seeds in a dry pan.
Add 1tsp of olive oil to the pan and heat. Cook haloumi slices on both sides until golden brown. Cool and tear into pieces.
Whisk dressing ingredients together. then toss in a big bowl with spinach, mint, red onion haloumi, seeds and pomegranate.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45-50 minutes (Depending on how crispy you like your cookies)
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup Almond milk
1 cup Gluten-free self raising flour
1/2 cup dates (diced up)
1/2 cup of mixed sultanas & seeds mix (bought from Aldi)
1/4 cup shredded coconut
3x table spoons coconut oil
Optional: cinnamon powder (to sprinkle on top of the cookies before baking)
1. Combine oats, egg, dates, sultana mix and coconut oil together.
2. Add the flour & almond milk, Mix until the mixture has absorbed the almond milk.
3. Place on baking tray and bake for 45-50 minutes.
Try this juice combo for an immune boosting effect.
1 whole carrot – washed but not peeled
1 whole orange, peeled
½ lemon, peeled
small slice of ginger
Pinch of turmeric
Pinch of cinnamon
1 1/2 cups filtered water or coconut water
Combine all the ingredients into a good high performance blender. Blend until combined.
Serve in a large glass & enjoy!
- 2 12-hole muffin pan
- 1 bowl
- 500 g chicken mince
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1/2 cup coriander finely chopped
- 160 mls coconut milk
- 1 tsp soy sauce *to serve
- 1 chilli sliced *to serve
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 200C. Grease two 12 hole, non-stick mini muffin pans.
- STEP 2Combine mince, oyster sauce, garlic, fish sauce, coriander and coconut milk in a large bowl.
- STEP 3Place rounded tablespoons of mixture into prepared pans.
- STEP 4Bake for about 15 minutes or until cooked.
- STEP 5Turn balls out and serve hot with recommended sauces above.
These are suitable to freeze. A great idea for unexpected guests. You do not need to roll these chicken balls; all you do is place a tablespoon of mixture into tin.