Cooking Time: 3 hours refrigeration
1 cup of almond or coconut milk
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
Pinch of cinnamon powder
1 teaspoon of maple syrup
1 teaspoon shredded coconut
1 teaspoon raw cacao powder (for chocolate pots)
1/3 cup berries or chopped banana
- Mix all ingredients together and store in the fridge for 2-3 hours or overnight
- Top with fresh fruit or berries, nuts & seeds, Greek yoghurt, shredded coconut , or cacao nibs for a bit of crunch.
The Chia pudding recipe is from Rebekah Raymond who was a guest speaker at our “Gut Health” talk held on Wednesday 14th of June. It is a healthy, easy to assemble, convenient breakfast recipe! If you would like more recipes please refer to Rebekah’s website by clicking here!
Smartphones are such a convenient gateway to catch up with friends, entertain & to just pass time. BUT! Have you ever thought about how long you are looking down at your screen or tablet for those hours of fun? Looking down at the screen can have a negative effect on your neck and spine over a period of time…so here are just some tips to combat the “Text Neck” issues when using your mobile device.
- Take a break from your phone. It is easy to forget so set an alarm on your phone as a reminder.
- Raise your phone so that it’s closer to eye level. This way you won’t have to tilt your head forward and strain your neck.
- Stretch your neck from time to time. Changing positions can help alleviate stress on the neck and spine.
- Work on your posture. It is important to work on a maintaining a good posture. Being mindful about this will contribute greatly to your spinal health. The CAA Back App has an inbuilt reminder function to help you manage your posture.
- Stay fit and active – a strong back and neck are better equipped to handle stress. Incorporate exercise into your daily routine to strengthen back and core muscles.
Just remember! Prevention is ALWAYS better than cure! Applying these small tips to your lifestyle can even improve your overall health! If you would like to know more about improving your lifestyle make sure to speak to your local chiropractor today!
Sourced from: https://chiropractors.asn.au/blog/heads-up-texting-is-literally-a-pain-in-the-neck/
During March & April CHC is celebrating “Self Love”.
Learn how “Self-loving Mantras” could improve your day.
So what is a Mantra?
A mantra is a word or phrase which is repeated often or that expresses someone’s basic beliefs. It is often associated with praying or meditating. People often use mantra’s to keep them focused & positive. Mantras even have the ability to affect our daily actions.
How do I start?
Start today by picking one self-loving mantra from the list below and repeat the phrase in your mind. You can do this while you are:
- Eating your breakfast/lunch/dinner
- On your work break
- Lying in bed just before you go to sleep
- Waiting in line for a coffee
- Sitting in traffic
- Brushing your hair/teeth
- Before you start your shift at work
Now because all mantras are different this can mean they provide different benefits. Some may benefit you more than others. Feel free to switch it up if you find one mantra is not making you feel any different. It should only be a matter of days before you start feeling more confident and loved.
Here are ten Mantras I found from an awesome article titled “10 Powerful Self Loving Mantras” by Sarah Samuel
I love myself. I am a beautiful, unique spirit. There is no one else quite like me.
I am worthy of love. As a creature on this earth, I am worthy of being loved and cherished by others. My worth is untarnished by my imperfections or the way others see me.
I am worthy of good things. It is ok to want the best for myself and to pursue the things that bring me joy and happiness.
I can choose positive thoughts. I understand the power of my self-talk and choose to select thoughts that are uplifting and positive.
I let my happiness be visible to others. My happiness overflows from me. I can use my happiness to bring joy to others.
I am strong. I have many strengths that I use to navigate the ups and downs of my life. I am tougher and braver than I look.
I am becoming. I am becoming the person I want to be. Each day, I work to make myself more the person I want to be.
My life is moving forward perfectly. Each bump in the road is there for a reason. Everything is happening according to a greater plan.
I am confident in my decisions. I am the creator of my own destiny. I stand behind the things I do and say.
I surround myself with loving people. I can choose the people I allow into my life. I choose to surround myself with people who love and adore me.
“Embrace” the documentary filmed by Taryn Brumfitt uncovers why poor body image has become a global epidemic and what women everywhere can do to have a brighter future. Throughout March & April we are raising awareness and importance of the act of Self Love by hosting a FREE movie screening of “Embrace” here at Complete Health Chiropractic!
Just email your FULL NAME to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your seat!